[Dovecot] Outlook 2013 - mounting folders with XLIST

Hajo Locke hajo.locke at gmx.de
Tue Mar 26 11:06:46 EET 2013

Hallo,

> the autocreate works if mailbox hallohallo is basically created in conf
> file with special_use purpose:
>
> namespace inbox {
>  inbox = yes
> }
>
> namespace inbox {
>
>  mailbox hallohallo {
>  special_use = \Sent
>        auto=no
> }
>
> }
>
> userdb_import: namespace/inbox/mailbox=hallohallo
> namespace/inbox/mailbox/hallohallo/auto=subscribe
>
> In this case the settings from userdb_import override this part of
> conffile and folder hallohallo is autocreated and accepted by outlook
> 2013. (works only without prefetch)
> but my goal is to put also the special_use purpose per user to userdb.
> i reduced conf file to:
>
> namespace inbox {
>  inbox = yes
> }
>
> now i extended userdb_import to:
>
> namespace/inbox/mailbox=hallohallo
> namespace/inbox/mailbox/hallohallo/special_use=\Sent
> namespace/inbox/mailbox/hallohallo/auto=subscribe

so this seems to be the end of the attempt to move special_use features 100%
to userdb.
i have to mark a folder with special_use feature directly in conf-file and
are only able to control the autocreation of this folder in userdb_import
If i move all (like above) all 3 lines to userdb, then nothing good happens,
sometimes outlook 2013 even crashes...

so, do i have any other chances?

Thanks,
Hajo