[Dovecot] Problem copying e-mails to IMAP - Dovecot 2.1.2

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Mar 16 17:05:42 EET 2012

On Fri, 2012-03-16 at 17:00 +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> > > Mar 16 13:33:23 jaribu dovecot: imap(wash at kictanet.or.ke): Error:
> > Corrupted
> > > dbox file /var/spool/virtual/kictanet.or.ke/wash/mdbox/storage/m.4(around
> > > offset=894): msg header has bad magic value
> >
> Ok. I have been able to reproduce it anyway.

It looks like mdbox is completely broken in your setup. Don't try to use
it until this is solved, or you'll probably end up losing mails.

Could you try if you can easily reproduce this using imaptest?
http://imapwiki.org/ImapTest

Simply run it for an empty test account as:

imaptest host=localhost user=testuser pass=testpass

Maybe I should set up a FreeBSD VM to try this myself. Or if anyone else
can report that they can reproduce this problem that would be helpful..