[Dovecot] Problem copying e-mails to IMAP - Dovecot 2.1.2

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 16:50:50 EET 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 17:11, Giles Coochey <giles at coochey.net> wrote:

> On 16/03/2012 14:00, Odhiambo Washington wrote:

>>> (Mac)
>>>
>>>  Personally I would just use readpst to export the standard Outlook
> personal storage folders to mbox format...

Outlook 2011 (Mac OS X - Lion) can export everything into (!pst) .olm
I haven't no clue whether .olm and .pst are one and the same, but I highly
doubt.
With Outlook 2011, the guys at Redmond intended to lock the user to
Outlook! I have seen Outlook->Apple Mail migration procedures fraught with
e-mail loses. Well, not quite a loss because you still have the e-mail
inside Outlook, but that idea of running Outlook side-by-side with Apple
Mail is not what I want to subject the user to. I also don't want to make
them start searching for the e-mails that might not have been migrated and
forward them to themselves. Migration should be complete & safe - no
losses. There are commercial software out there that's said to be good at
this process, but I wanted the "free"method.
If there is *readpst *that can migrate from .olm to mbox, then I am willing
to give it a shot, but I also want to see if Dovecot gets a fix for
whatever problem I am facing.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,