[Dovecot] Problem copying e-mails to IMAP - Dovecot 2.1.2

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 17:57:29 EET 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 18:05, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> > > Corrupted
> kictanet.or.ke/wash/mdbox/storage/m.4(around<http://kictanet.or.ke/wash/mdbox/storage/m.4%28around>
> > >
> > Ok. I have been able to reproduce it anyway.
>
> It looks like mdbox is completely broken in your setup. Don't try to use
> it until this is solved, or you'll probably end up losing mails.
>
> Could you try if you can easily reproduce this using imaptest?
> http://imapwiki.org/ImapTest
>
> Simply run it for an empty test account as:
>
> imaptest host=localhost user=testuser pass=testpass
>
> Maybe I should set up a FreeBSD VM to try this myself. Or if anyone else
> can report that they can reproduce this problem that would be helpful..

Must I edit src/settings.h to reflect my #define MBOX_PATH value? I think I
had to do that, but things don't appear good at all.

[root at jaribu] ~wash/Tools/Dovecot/2.1/imaptest-20120129# ./src/imaptest
host=localhost user=wash at kictanet.or.ke pass=XXX
Fatal: Empty mbox file: /var/spool/virtual/kictanet.or.ke/wash/mdbox

You are welcome to access my box if you like, but I must warn you, things
will be slow. Internationa links are slow as a result of fiber cuts in MSA,
KE!

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,