[Dovecot] What best decision to make for flatfiles or SQL when I use Dovecot2 + Postfix together?

terryjames9461 at mm.st terryjames9461 at mm.st
Wed Sep 28 09:08:03 EEST 2011

Hello Patrick,

On Tuesday, September 27, 2011 9:41 PM, "Patrick Domack"
<patrickdk at patrickdk.com> wrote:
> It all depends on how much time and energy you want to spend in
> setting it up, vs the flexibility you in vision you need later.

This is the intersection of the decision.  I still am no sure if that
simple flatfile dream of one-instance data can be done.  I think I am
going to have to try it a number of times becuase I dont see a certain
answer, yes or no.

Can you may be explain more what you do with your case that you dump SQL
to flatfile?  I don't see why that would ever be a benefit and am
interested in understanding that.

I think I am worried about using SQL a bit because it is not something
that I think I can edit so quickly as I do text files.  And also like
you others, losing data when things are corrupted.

TJ