[Dovecot] auth on tcp socket?

Hajo Locke hajo.locke at gmx.de
Wed Mar 9 09:31:40 EET 2011

Hello,

> You should read Wietses post again.
>
> He told you to not rely on not documented settings since they can
> silently disappear.
>
> With postfix you can rely on the documented behaviour. So it is
> natural that there will be no warning for officially  unsupported
> features.

yes, i know that. nobody should use undocumented  features. auth-service on
tcp-socket was added by timo after my Suggestion last november.
so when asking this on postfix's-side iam not really interested in current
docs but wanted to suggest the update on implemention and docs to get it as
official feature for next releases.
as an user all i can do is telling some facts and ask...

Hajo