[Dovecot] dbox vs. mdbox

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Mar 6 23:58:35 EET 2011

On Sun, 2011-03-06 at 15:46 -0500, Joan Moreau wrote:

>  No, as you know very well: I sent plenty of emails about this matter at
>  that time on this mailng list, but nobody found any solutions, so, I
>  gave up.
>  Dsync is too buggy to convert sdbox to mdbox.

I think I fixed all the crashes you reported. The only two problems left
were 1) the "Too many open files" error, which I'm pretty sure is caused
by 2) m.* file sizes are too small.

http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/d1f30e375f40 should fix 1), but I
don't understand the cause of 2), since your config looked ok. Did you
solve it somehow or are your m.* files still too small?