[Dovecot] dbox vs. mdbox

Joan Moreau jom at grosjo.net
Mon Mar 7 06:49:35 EET 2011

The only solution I found was to use IMAP protocol to read from
sdbox and write as mdbox.

Dsync was NOT a solution at all. Sorry about
that.

Sun, 2011-03-06 at 15:46 -0500, Joan Moreau wrote:

>> No, as you know
very well: I sent plenty of emails about this matter at that time on
this mailng list, but nobody found any solutions, so, I gave up. Dsync
is too buggy to convert sdbox to mdbox.
> I think I fixed all the
crashes you reported. The only two problems left were 1) the "Too many
open files" error, which I'm pretty sure is caused by 2) m.* file sizes
are too small. http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/d1f30e375f40 [1]
should fix 1), but I don't understand the cause of 2), since your config
looked ok. Did you solve it somehow or are your m.* files still too
small?

Links:
------
[1]