[Dovecot] Sieve vacation not working
stephan at rename-it.nl
Mon Jul 6 18:13:17 EEST 2009
Phill Edwards wrote:
> So it's a complete black box mystery as to why it just won't send a reply.
You did not specify what version of Dovecot and Sieve you are using,
but, considering the lack of log messages, I am assuming it is CMUSieve.
Please do indicate your setup.
According to the sources, the CMUSieve plugin will refuse to autorespond
in the following situations:
1) The message contains a "List-Id" [RFC2919], "List-Help",
"List-Subscribe", "List-Unsubscribe", "List-Post", "List-Owner" or
"List-Archive" [RFC2369] header field.
2) The message has an "Auto-submitted" header field with a value other
3) The message has a "Precedence" header field with one of the following
values: list, bulk, junk
4) There is no address to respond to, i.e. empty envelope from: no -f
parameter for deliver and no Return-Path header (placed by MTA) in the
5) The sender address is the address of the user this script is running
for (sender == recipient) or it is one of the addresses specified in the
6) The sender address is a system address, starting with
'MAILER-DAEMON', 'LISTSERV', 'majordomo', or 'owner-', or containing
7) The message is not explicitly addressed to the user nor to one of the
addresses specified in the :addresses parameter. No automatic responses
will be generated for implicitly delivered messages: the recipient or
one of the provided addresses must be found in the to, cc, bcc,
resent-to, resent-cc or resent-bcc headers of the message.
Unfortunately, CMUSieve does not indicate which condition is triggered
and the vacation action is silently discarded.
More information about the dovecot