[Dovecot] was dove 1.2 %%u expands only to % SETACL: Unknown command partly solved more info

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Thu Jan 15 15:49:55 EET 2009

Robert Schetterer schrieb:
>> Hi Timo,

>>> i will do more tests tommorow
>>> and see if i get more debug
>>> no hurry timo , its alpha phase, but a short
>>> doku should be available when 1.2 going beta
>>>

>> Hi timo trying to use imap setacl over telnet
>> seems not to work
>>

>> . list "" "*"
>> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Templates"
>> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Sent"
>> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Junk"
>> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Trash"
>> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Drafts"
>> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "INBOX"
>> * LIST (\Noselect \HasNoChildren) "/" "shared"
>> . OK List completed.
>> . BAD Error in IMAP command SETACL: Unknown command.
>> . BAD Error in IMAP command SETACL: Unknown command.
>> . getacl inbox
>> . BAD Error in IMAP command GETACL: Unknown command
>>
>> no wonder acl is not in capability ( it think it should be )
>>
>> OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE SORT
>> THREAD=REFERENCES MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT IDLE CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS
>> LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC ESEARCH SEARCHRES WITHIN
>> CONTEXT=SEARCH QUOTA] Logged in
>>

> Hi Timo
>
> i guess the % is produced fom thunderbird
>
> here tbs raw in log
>

>  namespace
> 4 list "" "%"
> 5 list "" "%/%"
> 6 list "" "shared/%"
> 7 list "" "shared/%/%"
> 8 list "" "INBOX"
> 9 select "INBOX"
> 10 myrights "INBOX"
> 11 getacl "INBOX"
> 12 getquotaroot "INBOX"
> 13 IDLE
> DONE
> 14 lsub "" "*"
> 15 list "" "%"
> 16 list "" "%/%"
> 17 lsub "" "shared/*"
> 18 list "" "shared/%"
> 19 list "" "shared/%/%"
> 20 IDLE
> DONE
> 21 lsub "" "*"
> 22 list "" "%"
> 23 list "" "%/%"
> 24 lsub "" "shared/*"
> 25 list "" "shared/%"
> 26 list "" "shared/%/%"
> 27 IDLE
>

> with telnet this does not happen
>
> dont know why tb sends
>
> list "" "%"
> 5 list "" "%/%"
> 6 list "" "shared/%"
> 7 list "" "shared/%/%"
>
> but for sure this leads to
> log entries in dovecot in search of %
>
> ----
>
> imap acl
>
> for use of imap acl this must be in
> mail_plugins like
> mail_plugins = imap_acl acl fts fts_squat mail_log
> setting acl isnt enough, dont know why i ignored this
> then setting of acl over imap works like expected in telnet
> and the shared folder ( mailbox ) is shown in the client ( tb )

> [...]
Hi Timo,
here additional infos about more tests
using horde imp for setting imap acl
works partly ( but that might be a imp issue cause
i am not using the latest version and specially the shared acl code
in recent imp versions was deeply improved )
but after all setacl is possible with imp and shared folders are shown
as expected
also using prefix = "shared/%%d/%%u/"
works nice !

Great WORK !!!

with horde imp there is no wrong % expansion  in dovecots log so it
seems clear that this is an thunderbird issue

after all whats missing is quota listing for shared folders
( dont know if you might implement this easily in the quota code )
it should be there in my mind , cause transactions with shared
folders i.e copy maybe fail by overload quota of a shared folder
for now user has no chance ( until he has no imap debug etc) to find out
why i.e copy might fail in his client, with shown quota he might be able
to find out that there is less space left in the shared folder to i.e
copy a mail to it.

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer