[Dovecot] was dove 1.2 %%u expands only to % SETACL: Unknown command partly solved more info

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jan 15 23:53:49 EET 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 14:49 +0100, Robert Schetterer wrote:
> > i guess the % is produced fom thunderbird
> >
> > here tbs raw in log
..
> > with telnet this does not happen

So if you copy&paste all the Thunderbird's commands to a telnet session,
it doesn't log the % error?

> > my first tests were with listescape enabled
> > without any additionional listescape config
> > and leads to false interpreted the . in the username domainpart
> > ( guess this has to be config stuff in listescape i didnt have done yet
> > perhaps you have examples)

There isn't any need for extra configuration. But yes, you're right, I
do see it breaking:

* LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "/" "shared/domain.org/tss at domain.org"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "shared/domain/org/tss at domain/org/Trash"

I'll try to get that fixed.

> with horde imp there is no wrong % expansion  in dovecots log so it
> seems clear that this is an thunderbird issue

It still shouldn't happen and I'm not able to reproduce it.

> after all whats missing is quota listing for shared folders
> ( dont know if you might implement this easily in the quota code )
> it should be there in my mind , cause transactions with shared
> folders i.e copy maybe fail by overload quota of a shared folder
> for now user has no chance ( until he has no imap debug etc) to find out
> why i.e copy might fail in his client, with shown quota he might be able
> to find out that there is less space left in the shared folder to i.e
> copy a mail to it.

I'm not really sure about this. The code already exists to see other
users' quota, but I'm just worried that it could be thought of as a
security hole / privacy leak. If copying fails the client will get a
"Out of quota" error, isn't that enough?