[Dovecot] was dove 1.2 %%u expands only to % SETACL: Unknown command partly solved

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Thu Jan 15 12:21:50 EET 2009

Robert Schetterer schrieb:
> Hi Timo,
>

>>> myself to see what kind of configuration you have at this moment. The
>>> proper way to fill the file is to just give IMAP commands, e.g.:
>>>
>>> 1 SETACL mybox another.user at domain lr
>>>
>>> That ACL must not already exist in dovecot-acl file, otherwise the
>>> acl_shared_dict file isn't updated. If it is there already you could
>>> just do:
>>>
>>> 1 DELETEACL mybox another.user at domain
>>> 2 SETACL mybox another.user at domain lr

>>> I haven't had time to write the documentation yet.
>> i will do more tests tommorow
>> and see if i get more debug
>> no hurry timo , its alpha phase, but a short
>> doku should be available when 1.2 going beta
>>

> Hi timo trying to use imap setacl over telnet
> seems not to work
>

> . list "" "*"
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Templates"
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Sent"
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Junk"
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Trash"
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Drafts"
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "INBOX"
> * LIST (\Noselect \HasNoChildren) "/" "shared"
> . OK List completed.
> . BAD Error in IMAP command SETACL: Unknown command.
> . BAD Error in IMAP command SETACL: Unknown command.
> . getacl inbox
> . BAD Error in IMAP command GETACL: Unknown command
>
> no wonder acl is not in capability ( it think it should be )
>
> OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE SORT
> THREAD=REFERENCES MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT IDLE CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS
> LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC ESEARCH SEARCHRES WITHIN
> CONTEXT=SEARCH QUOTA] Logged in

Hi Timo

i guess the % is produced fom thunderbird

here tbs raw in log

 namespace
4 list "" "%"
5 list "" "%/%"
6 list "" "shared/%"
7 list "" "shared/%/%"
8 list "" "INBOX"
9 select "INBOX"
10 myrights "INBOX"
11 getacl "INBOX"
12 getquotaroot "INBOX"
13 IDLE
DONE
14 lsub "" "*"
15 list "" "%"
16 list "" "%/%"
17 lsub "" "shared/*"
18 list "" "shared/%"
19 list "" "shared/%/%"
20 IDLE
DONE
21 lsub "" "*"
22 list "" "%"
23 list "" "%/%"
24 lsub "" "shared/*"
25 list "" "shared/%"
26 list "" "shared/%/%"
27 IDLE

with telnet this does not happen

dont know why tb sends

list "" "%"
5 list "" "%/%"
6 list "" "shared/%"
7 list "" "shared/%/%"

but for sure this leads to
log entries in dovecot in search of %

----

imap acl

for use of imap acl this must be in
mail_plugins like
mail_plugins = imap_acl acl fts fts_squat mail_log
setting acl isnt enough, dont know why i ignored this
then setting of acl over imap works like expected in telnet
and the shared folder ( mailbox ) is shown in the client ( tb )

very good !!!,

my first tests were with listescape enabled
without any additionional listescape config
and leads to false interpreted the . in the username domainpart
( guess this has to be config stuff in listescape i didnt have done yet
perhaps you have examples)

---autocreate

cant get it working if either
listescape is enabled and/or a shared namespace is enabled
tested a lot of versions to make autcreate known what namespace it
should use, debugging is to small to get the trough what might be
running false

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer