[Dovecot] dovecot 1.2 shared namespace/mailboxes %%u expands only to % SETACL: Unknown command

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Thu Jan 15 10:46:48 EET 2009

Hi Timo,

>> myself to see what kind of configuration you have at this moment. The
>> proper way to fill the file is to just give IMAP commands, e.g.:
>>
>> 1 SETACL mybox another.user at domain lr
>>
>> That ACL must not already exist in dovecot-acl file, otherwise the
>> acl_shared_dict file isn't updated. If it is there already you could
>> just do:
>>
>> 1 DELETEACL mybox another.user at domain
>> 2 SETACL mybox another.user at domain lr
>>
>>> yes debug gives less information, as well there is to less
>>> doku about shared namespaces and acl
>> I haven't had time to write the documentation yet.
>
> i will do more tests tommorow
> and see if i get more debug
> no hurry timo , its alpha phase, but a short
> doku should be available when 1.2 going beta

Hi timo trying to use imap setacl over telnet
seems not to work

. list "" "*"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Templates"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Sent"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Junk"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Trash"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Drafts"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "INBOX"
* LIST (\Noselect \HasNoChildren) "/" "shared"
. OK List completed.
. BAD Error in IMAP command SETACL: Unknown command.
. BAD Error in IMAP command SETACL: Unknown command.
. getacl inbox
. BAD Error in IMAP command GETACL: Unknown command

no wonder acl is not in capability ( it think it should be )

OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE SORT
THREAD=REFERENCES MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT IDLE CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS
LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC ESEARCH SEARCHRES WITHIN
CONTEXT=SEARCH QUOTA] Logged in

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer