[Dovecot] New install on Ubuntu Fiesty 7.04

Mon Apr 30 01:13:44 EEST 2007

> I have my setup working and I have access to my email - 2069 now in my
> inbox.

Ok, good you figured out the earlier problem...

> And I have one question.
> I read in the QuickStart about using Dovecot to send my mail as well.

Hmmm... I'd like to see that entry, because dovecot doesn't send mail -
it is not an MTA, it is only a POP/IMAP server.

It is postfix that would send your mail for you.

> Dovecot LDA with Posftix.

The dovecot LDA delivers INCOMING mail - through postfix. In other
words, it is postfix that uses the dovecot LDA.

I use postfix, so can probably help you, but we'll need to take that
private, since it isn't a dovecot issue. Feel free to email me off-list
if you like, although I'm about to go home for the day...

--

Best regards,

Charles Marcus
I.T. Director