[Dovecot] Released 1.0.rc31

Marshal Newrock marshal at idealso.com
Mon Apr 9 18:22:26 EEST 2007

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 08:03:28 -0700
"Daniel L. Miller" <dmiller at amfes.com> wrote:

> I really don't want to stand in the way of the offiicial 1.0 release,
> and I understand these RC's are intended for bug fixes, not new
> features
> - but I have a feature request anyway.
>
> It would be quite convenient to have support for multiple SSL server
> certificates, based on remote IP address.  When a single IMAP server
> supports both LAN clients and WAN clients, at times either or both
> the domain names or server names may vary - and then a single server
> certificate results in some clients receiving SSL warnings.
>
> It is possible to allow for this using split-horizon DNS - but I'm
> lazy.  I don't really need split-horizon for anything else.

It's possible to work around this with multiple dovecot instances, ie
one only listening to the external IP, one listening to the internal,
each with its own SSL certificate. Just don't forget to set the base_dir
config parameter if you do.

Note that an instance of dovecot either listens on one IP or all.  I
believe listening on multiple specified IP's is a planned future
feature.

--
Marshal Newrock
Ideal Solution, LLC - http://www.idealso.com