[Dovecot] pop3 retr error

Marten Lehmann lehmann at cnm.de
Wed Jun 1 19:31:57 EEST 2005

Hello,

> That's right. Like the POP3 spec says:

today it happened again. I was out of office for several days and now I
had to download >3.500 messages at once. dovecot pop3 struggled after
downloading about 1000 messages or so. I started downloading again. Some
error again after about 1000 messages. I removed all dovecot-files from
the Maildir. It happened again. This must be an error in dovecot. So I
switched back the pop3 service to qmail-pop3d now, while imap is still
running through dovecot. With qmail, the error didn't happen. The
dovecot-response "Message is deleted" is not correct and does NOT result
in downloading a deleted message. I checked with qmail:

retr 7
<message-data>
.
dele 7
+OK
retr 7
-ERR already deleted

So if it really would be a problem of Mozilla Mail, it would have
occured with qmail anyway.

Regards
Marten