[Dovecot] Maildir

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jun 6 00:51:00 EEST 2005

On 31.5.2005, at 22:51, Jason P Buscema wrote:

> I'm running into a couple problems. First, when I send an email to
> myself I see in the procmail log that it writes that message to:
>   Folder: /Network/Servers/milhouse/Users/jpbuse/Maildir/new/msg.ZAgKB

msg.* filenames are in MH format, not maildir. Don't append the "new/"
directory in your procmailrc. With MH-style filenames you're going to
get errors from Dovecot and it could also confuse clients.

> My second issue/question.. how do I get Mail.app and SquirrelMail to
> see the email now that is not no longer in ~/mail ?

They access it via IMAP, so they only see what you've configured
Dovecot to let them see (default_mail_env). So it should work
automatically.