[Dovecot] Dovecot service not responding after about a week of uptime

Matthieu dovecot at pupat-ghestem.net
Sun Mar 24 20:31:33 EET 2013

Hello,

I am running a dovecot 2.1.13 server and lately it stops responding
after about a week of uptime. Simply restarting the dovecot service
solves the issue.

I tried to look a bit in my maillog file but did not find anything
obvious. During the time when the server is not responding I can still
see  imap-login entries from the connection attempt by my email client.
Any help about how to diagnose the problem would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matthieu