[Dovecot] Sieve mark message as read

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Wed Mar 13 21:43:42 EET 2013

Am 13.03.2013 19:51, schrieb Donny Brooks:
> I am trying to get the advanced functionality of managesieve working for our users. If this is not the proper place to ask this, please just say so. I have enabled sieve and it works just fine for basic moving messages to folders. However the problem comes in to play when a user selects something like "delete" or "mark as read" in the filter. It just simply does not do that function. I have installed the imapflags and imap4flags and added the needed parts to the dovecot config but it still does not seem to work. We are running Centos 6.3 with dovecot-2.0.9-2.el6_1.1.x86_64 and dovecot-pigeonhole-2.0.9-2.el6_1.1.x86_64 installed. What could I be missing to make this work?

try

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Configuration?highlight=%28flags%29

sieve_extensions =

    Which Sieve language extensions are available to users. By default,
all supported extensions are available, except for deprecated
extensions, extensions that require explicit configuration or those that
are still under development. Some system administrators may want to
disable certain Sieve extensions or enable those that are not available
by default. All supported extensions are listed here. Normally, all
enabled extensions must be listed for this setting, but starting with
Sieve version 0.1.7, this setting can use '+' and '-' to specify
differences relative to the default. For example sieve_extensions =
+imapflags will enable the deprecated imapflags extension in addition to
all extensions enabled by default.

>From CMUSieve (Dovecot v1.0/v1.1)

For the most part, migration from CMUSieve to Pigeonhole Sieve is just a
matter of changing the used plugin name from cmusieve to sieve in the
mail_plugins option in the protocol lda section of the config file (as
explained above). However, there are a few important differences in the
supported Sieve language features:

    The imapflags extension is now called imap4flags. The CMUSieve
implementation is based on an old draft specification that is not
completely compatible with the new version. Particularly, the mark and
unmark commands were removed from the new specification. For backwards
compatibility, support for the old imapflags extension can be enabled
using the sieve_extensions setting (as explained above). This is
disabled by default.

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--