[Dovecot] mail_max_userip_connections

Axel Luttgens AxelLuttgens at swing.be
Tue Mar 12 19:03:37 EET 2013

Le 12 mars 2013 à 17:18, Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> a écrit :

> [...]
>
> I suppose this implies it's the webmail client.,

So, to be sure: the webmail server is running on the same box as the one running Dovecot?

> but even having that
> open on two different machines shouldn't open 10 connections.  Should
> it?

I tended to believe that usually, a webmail application tends to open/close connections sequentially, or to consecutively select relevant mailboxes within a single connection. But who knows...
Which webmail app have you installed?

When connecting to/making use of the webmail, you should at least see connect/disconnect entries written in Dovecot's log.
Do they tend to overlap?

Axel