[Dovecot] Upgrading 1.2 to 2.x

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Wed Mar 6 23:42:01 EET 2013

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 08:27:51 +1000
Noel Butler <noel.butler at ausics.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 2013-03-05 at 08:28 -0800, Professa Dementia wrote:
>
> > On 3/5/2013 7:34 AM, Simon Brereton wrote:
> >
> > > What's the recommended approach then?  Pack it all into
> > > dovecot.conf as it was before, or use the split config files
> > > under conf.d/ - is this even a choice?
> >
> > Split configs are nicer and easier to work with and I am all for
> > nicer and easier.
> >
> > Dem
>

> WTF?  Everything in one file is much nicer and easier, and you don't
> have to guess what option is in what file

Here's a question for both of you:

1) Is there any reason someone could not, after the fact, cut parts of
   the main file and put that cut into conf.d?
2) Is there any reason someone could not, after the fact, cut parts out
   of the conf.d files and paste them into the main files, perhaps
   adding a comment as to where they were originally?

If both of those are possible, although we could still argue which
should be the default (and I strongly believe in one file), at least
each of us can have our own way with a half hour of work.

Thanks,

SteveT