[Dovecot] Stability of extraction of attachment

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Mon Mar 4 12:36:11 EET 2013

Hello,

	We are migrating our dovecot servers from 2.1.9 to 2.1.15 (or 2.2 if
there is a stable version soon) and maildir format to mdbox.

	Looking for mdbox options I have found options:

* mail_attachment_dir
* mail_attachement_min_size
* mail_attachment_fs
* mail_attachment_hash

	but this options are described with the message:

# WARNING: This feature hasn't been tested much yet. Use at your own risk.

	What is the state of these options? Could I use it in a production
environment? In case of yes, what is the best deduplicating option? Let
it to the FS? Or configuring with "sis posix" or "sis-queue posix"?

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática