[Dovecot] unofficial Survey about your Dovecot server :) to compare with my own server setup...

Denis Sbragion d.sbragion at infotecna.it
Thu Apr 13 10:51:13 EEST 2006

On Thu, April 13, 2006 01:56, Curtis Maloney wrote:
> I like the idea of a roundup survey of what situations people are using Dovecot

Server: HP ProLiant ML 110 (P4 3 GHz), standard scsi disks
OS: fedora core 4
RAM: 512 Mb
Users: ~ 10
Auth: passwd/shadow
Maildir size: ranging from few Kbs to about 2 Gbs
Dovecot version: 1.0 beta 2
Client Software: squirrelmail 1.4.6

The server provides many different services (file server, CVS, internet proxy,
database server, spam/virus filtering, daily backups, etc) with Dovecot being
just one of them. Migrated from Eudora/UW-IMAP in just few days without any
major problem and now it is unning flawlessy since few months. One of the most
appreciated pros is the use of maildirs, which are backup friendly. A new mail
basically results in a single new small file, instead of a change in a big
mailbox file, which helps a lot with differential/incremental backups.

Bye,

--
	Denis Sbragion
	InfoTecna