[Dovecot] Concerning: in 0.99.10.7 - Maildir: LIST now doesn't skip symlinks

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jul 26 18:16:12 EEST 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-25 at 20:59, chris pickert wrote:
>    I saw the recent change in the ChangeLog about the 'subtraction' of the
> listing of symlinks.
>
> The point showed(minus): - Maildir: LIST now doesn't skip symlinks

The minus actually means bugfix :) Plus is a new feature. Star is a
change or some important note.

>    If it was intented to be ADDED in the recent .7 release, it still doesn't
> work.

It should work. You could try with maildir_stat_dirs = yes to be sure,
but it shouldn't matter.

Is the problem really that it doesn't show in LIST at all, or doesn't
just SELECT work?

>    What about the aforementioned ACL/Shared folders? I'm getting into a crux
> that I may need it and courier-imap-/-cyrus-imap will do my trick but, dovecot
> smokes them on performance! (Especially with horde/imp's preview/info stuff)

ACLs won't come before 1.0. Shared folders can be kind of kludged with
symlinks, but with 0.99.10 the files are always created with 0600 mode,
so all your users would have to use the same UID or it won't work.
1.0-tests support specifying the mode.