Unable to see virtual users

Randall Gellens dovecot at randy.pensive.org
Sun Nov 30 23:17:32 UTC 2014

I'm still very confused, but I have finally gotten it to recognize
all users.  What changed from my previous message is that I deleted
the static userdb, and added the system user to the
/etc/dovecot/users file (but not to the passdb /etc/dovecot/passwd).
Oddly, I had to set uid:gid and homedir for each entry in
/etc/dovecot/users even though I have these set to default values
("default_fields = uid=vmail gid=vmail home=/local/mnt/home/%n").

I'm still confused about the static userdb, as well as if I need to
configure in /etc/postfix/main.cf both the mailbox_command to use
dovecot-lda and the virtual_transport = dovecot service.

--
Randall Gellens