inbox parameter is ignored within location config for public namespaces?

Dieter Knopf dieterknopf at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 09:21:04 UTC 2014

Hello,

Debug logfile:
dovecot: imap(m.user at foo.eu): Debug: Namespace : type=public,
prefix=BOS/, sep=/, inbox=no, hidden=no, list=yes, subscriptions=yes
location=maildir:/home/vmail/foo.eu/bos/MAILDIR:INBOX=/home/vmail/foo.eu/bos/MAILDIR/.INBOX:INDEX=/home/vmail/foo.eu/bos/S_INDEX:INDEXPVT=/home/vmail/foo.eu/bos/S_INDEXPVT/m.user at foo.eu
dovecot: imap(m.user at foo.eu): Debug: maildir++:
root=/home/vmail/foo.eu/bos/MAILDIR,
index=/home/vmail/foo.eu/bos/S_INDEX,
indexpvt=/home/vmail/foo.eu/bos/S_INDEXPVT/m.user at foo.eu, control=,
inbox=/home/vmail/foo.eu/bos/MAILDIR/.INBOX, alt=
dovecot: imap(m.user at foo.eu): Debug: acl: initializing backend with data: vfile
dovecot: imap(m.user at foo.eu): Debug: acl: acl username = m.user at foo.eu
dovecot: imap(m.user at foo.eu): Debug: acl: owner = 0
dovecot: imap(m.user at foo.eu): Debug: acl vfile: Global ACL directory: (none)

Everything looks fine, not sure why INBOX is not working correctly :-(