If local Dovecot stops working, check lo

Nick Edwards nick.z.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 22:59:07 UTC 2014

On 7/15/14, Jiri Bourek <bourek at thinline.cz> wrote:
> On 15.7.2014 11:13, Nick Edwards wrote:

>>> Blaming operating system after *one* person reports something strange
>>> about it seems a bit overboard, doesn't it...?
>>>
>> debian has a long history of being clueless:
>> old packages in new releases, untested packages in releases
>> (mailscanner did not, and was never going to, work out of thebox in a
>> recent release)
>
> As most Linux distributions, Debian is a collective work done mostly by
> volunteers. If you want newer versions and tested packages, feel free to
> help them.

Why would I do that when I'm happy using other systems, and one thing
I hate about debian users is, they are all so shit scared of using the
source if they want latest versions they wont use them unless someone
creates a deb package, FFS, they call themselves sys admins

> And honestly, the situation about untested and old packages isn't as
> grim as you're trying to say.

not from the bitches i hear daily on other lists, including one I am
one of the developers of.

>> debian has history of thinking it knows better than upstream:
>> openssl screwup they told debian was wrong but debian released it
>> anyway causing grief for not only debian systems but all systems
>> including windows that used certs generated on a debi\an server.
>
> AFAIK it was actually the other way around. Debian maintainers asked on
> openssl-dev list if their change is ok and were told that it is.

not from my recollection. unless they were told by a normal user,
which is why -dev lists should only be populated by devs and not
public.

>> and dont get me started on debians release/ftp manager and the
>> personal biases there either, shall I go? I can but it would be a bore
>> for most.
>>

> As far as I am concerned, there's no need to be more OT than we are now.
>
> Also please stop sending me personal messages, I am on the list.

pffft blame gmail, I could not be bothered checking the headers each
time i click reply