TRANSLATION extension to the NAMESPACE response supported?

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Jul 16 06:44:51 UTC 2014

On 7/15/2014 11:24 PM, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> Quoting Stephan Bosch <stephan at rename-it.nl>:
>
>> On 7/15/2014 10:47 PM, A. Schulze wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I would like to ask if the TRANSLATION extension to the NAMESPACE
>>> response
>>> is supported by dovecot.
>>>
>>> context:
>>> http://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/Week-of-Mon-20140714/052136.html
>>
>> Afaict, Oracle currently has the only implementation of the LANGUAGE
>> capability:
>>
>> http://www.imapwiki.org/Specs
>>
>> I haven't seen any plans for it in Dovecot so far and I think you are
>> one of the first to request it. :)
>
> This is not the LANGUAGE extension - this is namespace translations
> (I18NLEVEL=1).
>
> Dovecot has supported this since 1.1 according to that page.

What gives you that idea? From http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5255#section-1:

The LANGUAGE extension allows the client to request a suitable language for protocol error messages and in combination with the NAMESPACE extension [RFC2342 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2342>] enables namespace translations.

Also, the TRANSLATION NAMESPACE extension itself is described in Section
3.4, which is part of Section 3 with title "LANGUAGE Extension".

I agree that this RFC could have been a bit more clear on this.

Regards,

Stephan.