Differences in "Delivered-To" header between deliver and LMTP

Jeff Rice jeff at jrice.me
Thu Jul 10 15:54:10 UTC 2014

I don't know if there is a convention for whether the brackets should be
included or not.  But consistency is a virtue.  The MTA in question is
Postfix 2.9.6.  I assumed it was the Dovecot LDA adding the Delivered-To
header because it was rewritten when I did a redirect in sieve, but
redirect must put the message back into Postfix's queue where the header
gets added (or replaced, in this case).

Maybe other folks can chime in if they see emails in brackets (<>) or
not for this type of header for other MTAs and we can get a sense of
which is more common.

Jeff