Differences in "Delivered-To" header between deliver and LMTP

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jul 10 15:29:15 UTC 2014

On 9.7.2014, at 21.20, Jeff Rice <jeff at jrice.me> wrote:

> I'm transitioning my server over from using the deliver LDA and LMTP.  Suddenly a bunch of sieve filters stopped working, and I noticed the contents of the Delivered-To header are different.
>
> Using Dovecot's deliver LDA, the contents are a bare email address (foo at bar.com).  Using Dovecot LMTP, they are in brackets (<foo at bar.com>).  Is there a reason why this isn't consistent between the two delivery agents?  It seems like it ought to be.

Oh, that's annoying. Dovecot LDA doesn't actually add this header, it was your MTA that added it. But looks like I hadn't checked what the MTAs actually write to the header when I added this feature to LMTP, and nobody had mentioned this before either. I wonder if anybody's system breaks if I just change it now..