Re: Shared folders not listed by IMAP

john.j.rowan.jr@gmail.com john.j.rowan.jr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 19:21:03 UTC 2014

----- Reply message -----
From: "Giedrius Liubavičius" <giedrius at su.lt>
To: <dovecot at dovecot.org>
Subject: Shared folders not listed by IMAP
Date: Wed, Jul 2, 2014 14:03

OK,
    This is the problem why your configuration is not working. My shared
folder did not work up until I fixed auth-userdb permissions in a way
     so that user my A (not dovecot user) [test at mydomain.pl in your
case] could connect to it and get info about user B [test2 at mydomain.pl
in your case]

    Just change the auth-userdb file location (and probably permissions)
or duplicate it to real root location.
    either from within configuration files or just as a plain symlink
(maybe pre-login script ?)

2014.07.02 19:03, Bambero rašė:
> But the problem is that I can't see shared folders to subscribe (shared by
> other users) while connecting via IMAP.
>
> There is also an error:
> Error: userdb lookup: connect(/var/dovecot/auth-userdb) failed: No such
> file or directory
>
> Probably becouse of chroot (/var/mail).
>

> On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 1:29 PM, Giedrius Liubavičius <giedrius at su.lt> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>     doveadm mailbox subscribe -u test at mydomain.pl Shared/test2 at mydomain.pl
>>     doveadm mailbox subscribe -u test at mydomain.pl
>> Shared/test2 at mydomain.pl/Sent
>>
>> 2014.07.02 14:04, Bambero rašė:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I just upgraded my system and there is a problem with shared mailboxes.
>>>
>>> When I use the doveadm command I can see shared folders:
>>>
>>> doveadm mailbox list -u 'test at mydomain.pl'
>>> Drafts
>>> Sent
>>> Spam