[Dovecot] Dovecot LDA/LMTP vs postfix virtual delivery agent and the x-original-to header

Wed Jan 8 15:32:32 EET 2014

On 2012-04-09 8:53 AM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> On 9.4.2012, at 15.50, Charles Marcus wrote:
>>> LMTP adds a new Delivered-To:<rcpt-to at address>  header when there is
>>> a single RCPT TO. You can force a single RCPT TO from Postfix side by
>>> setting lmtp_destination_recipient_limit=1. LMTP doesn't
>>> add/remove/change X-Original-To: header.

>> Ok, thanks Timo... but...
>>
>> Are you saying that this 'Delivered-To:' header can somehow be leveraged to provide the same info as the x-original-to header?

> I guess X-Original-To is the same address as what Postfix sees as the original RCPT TO address before alias expansion and such? In that case, see my today's mail in Postfix list..

Hi Timo,

I just tried to find your email from that day, but don't see it in the
archives...

Was this ever resolved (getting x-original-to support in LMTP, like it
is for the LDA)?

If not, since it seemed like it wasn't going to be much work, any chance
you can revisit it soon?

Thanks,

--

Best regards,