[Dovecot] mdbox - healthy rotation size vs default

Mon Aug 26 22:23:42 EEST 2013

On 2013-08-26 2:58 PM, Michael Grimm <trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de> wrote:
> As a very rough estimate I do estimate a 5% waste of space regarding deleted messages. But, my handful users are very disciplined in purging their deleted messages on a regular basis (I told them to do), and thus my regular "doveadm purge -A" runs will reduce that amount of wasted disk space to a minimum.
>
> Not very helpful, I know,

Are you sure about that? There was a thread a while back (I recently
posted a response to it) about this, and it sounded like the mdbox files
would *never* be 'compacted' (reduced in size from deleted messages)...
my reply was on 8/23, thread titled "Dovecot never release preallocated
space in mdbox'...

--

Best regards,

*/Charles/*