[Dovecot] 2.2.4 - Some questions about and needing help with quota-status

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Aug 2 15:13:04 EEST 2013

On Fri, 2013-08-02 at 10:30 +0200, Axel Luttgens wrote:
> Le 1 août 2013 à 18:05, Timo Sirainen a écrit :
>
> > On 1.8.2013, at 19.02, Axel Luttgens wrote:
> >
> >> [...]
> >> If yes, could it be that it is never called in my case?
> >
> > If not, then there's definitely some problem :)
> >
> >> [...]
> >> Could I try to break somewhere earlier in the call chain?
> >
> > It should definitely stop in hook_mail_user_created, which should call quota_mail_user_created as one of the hooks. If not, the user then doesn't actually have quota plugin enabled..
>
> And I'm definitely not a gdb guru. :-(

I'd just do:

1) start quota-status service by e.g. connecting to it via telnet

2) gdb -p `pidof quota-status`
b hook_mail_user_created
cont

3) recipient=user

4) does it stop?.. if yes, keep hitting "s" to see if it goes to quota
code.

> Still trying to have it provide me with some enlightening info, but if I may in the meantime paraphrase one of my initial questions on this thread:
>
> 	 What makes doveadm-quota/lmtp and quota-status different?

Not much..

> doveadm-quota and lmtp correctly understand my quota-related settings, and over-qauota users are handled as such.
>
> On the other hand, quota-status always returns "action=OK" for any existing user, whether over-quota or not.

I've no idea. Send your current doveconf -n and I'll see if I can
reproduce the problem with it?