[Dovecot] 2.2.4 - Some questions about and needing help with quota-status

Axel Luttgens AxelLuttgens at swing.be
Fri Aug 2 11:30:51 EEST 2013

Le 1 août 2013 à 18:05, Timo Sirainen a écrit :

> On 1.8.2013, at 19.02, Axel Luttgens wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> If yes, could it be that it is never called in my case?
>
> If not, then there's definitely some problem :)
>
>> [...]
>> Could I try to break somewhere earlier in the call chain?
>
> It should definitely stop in hook_mail_user_created, which should call quota_mail_user_created as one of the hooks. If not, the user then doesn't actually have quota plugin enabled..

And I'm definitely not a gdb guru. :-(

Still trying to have it provide me with some enlightening info, but if I may in the meantime paraphrase one of my initial questions on this thread:

	 What makes doveadm-quota/lmtp and quota-status different?

As a reminder:

doveadm-quota and lmtp correctly understand my quota-related settings, and over-qauota users are handled as such.

On the other hand, quota-status always returns "action=OK" for any existing user, whether over-quota or not.
According to the logs, the userdb queries correctly return all needed quota-related info for the user; on the other hand, the dict service never gets launched.

It could thus be inferred that quota-status is following a slightly different path for fetching/handling quota information.

Knowing the difference could help to focus my miserable gdb investigations and/or to understand what may be at the fringe in my config.

TIA,
Axel