[Dovecot] problems with SSH-based clustering dovecot 2.1.1

Michescu Andrei andrei.michescu at miau.ca
Wed Mar 14 23:32:40 EET 2012

> On 14.3.2012, at 22.36, Michael Grimm wrote:
>
>> And spammers don't care about mx priorities at all :-(
>
> But spams go to spam mailbox where duplicates don't really matter. :)

In an ideal world yes... or no.

In our deployment spam is simply header tagged and left in INBOX. Each
user can decide after what they want to do with it (client side rules).

And, in the end, it is the same discussion, because the spam mailbox get
replicated too and if the spam gets duplicated we are in the worst
scenarios... knowing that spam represents 95% of all email traffic (in a
real-world public-facing system).

;)

hehe... in the meanwhile I looked a little on the ietf and there are
different RFCs out there on disconnected clients and UIDPLUS and other
nice features ;) let me know if you are interested to get some help in
implementing it :D