[Dovecot] [Solved] Another hint from the clue box 8-) imapc/imap proxy user mailbox server location

Terry Carmen terry at cnysupport.com
Wed Mar 14 17:59:26 EET 2012

On 03/14/2012 06:58 AM, Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 2012-03-13 6:29 PM, Terry Carmen <terry at cnysupport.com> wrote:
>> I'm going to hope everything is OK for a while, since my goal is to
>> retire
>> all the old Exchange servers and move all the users to dovecot/maildir
>> within the next couple of months.
>>
>> However it's always nice to know there are options. 8-)
>
> I'm currently looking at rolling out SOGo as part of a major reworking
> of their current infrastructure (will also include converting their
> old Courier-IMAP to dovecot 2.1.x among other things)...
>
> SOGo, as far as I can tell, is the best truly free and open source
> 'exchange clone' available that works extremely well with
> Thunderbird+Lightning (which is what my Client uses currently, but
> they are very dissatisfied with using Google Calendar for Shared
> calendars), Outlook and Apple Apps, as well as Android, Blackberry and
> Apple mobile devices - and their upcoming v2 (in beta now) will not
> only provide native Outlook support (no plugin needed), it will also
> (optionally) provide a Samba4 Active Directory server in my main
> Client's office - all with absolutely no licenses required. Commercial
> support is available from Inverse, the company created by the
> developers to provide said support services.

Looks interesting.

I have currently have horde/imp/kronolith running with
postfix/dovecot/mysql on the back end and it's been working nicely with
all the clients and devices except for outlook.

I'll have to take a look at sogo, because I'd really like to keep
outlook for the users that want it, to cut down on support and complaints.

Thanks!

Terry