[Dovecot] [Solved] Another hint from the clue box 8-) imapc/imap proxy user mailbox server location

Wed Mar 14 12:58:54 EET 2012

On 2012-03-13 6:29 PM, Terry Carmen <terry at cnysupport.com> wrote:
> I'm going to hope everything is OK for a while, since my goal is to retire
> all the old Exchange servers and move all the users to dovecot/maildir
> within the next couple of months.
>
> However it's always nice to know there are options. 8-)

I'm currently looking at rolling out SOGo as part of a major reworking
of their current infrastructure (will also include converting their old
Courier-IMAP to dovecot 2.1.x among other things)...

SOGo, as far as I can tell, is the best truly free and open source
'exchange clone' available that works extremely well with
Thunderbird+Lightning (which is what my Client uses currently, but they
are very dissatisfied with using Google Calendar for Shared calendars),
Outlook and Apple Apps, as well as Android, Blackberry and Apple mobile
devices - and their upcoming v2 (in beta now) will not only provide
native Outlook support (no plugin needed), it will also (optionally)
provide a Samba4 Active Directory server in my main Client's office -
all with absolutely no licenses required. Commercial support is
available from Inverse, the company created by the developers to provide
said support services.

I also learned something very interesting yesterday concerning SOGo and
dovecot during a sales call with a SOGo rep, but I'll wait and see if
Timo cares to chime in on this one... ;)

--

Best regards,

Charles