[Dovecot] doveconf: Warning: Obsolete settings.... in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf: ...

Sun Mar 4 17:27:40 EET 2012

On 2012-03-04 7:36 AM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> So, doveconf -n>  dovecot-new.conf
> mv dovecot-new.conf /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
>
> That should do it.

One suggestion... since 'doveconf -n' is sort of a clone of 'postconf
-n', maybe it would be a good idea to clone the postfix way for
upgrading the configuration file as well?

Postfix does it as:

postfix upgrade-configuration

Man page details for options are here:

http://www.postfix.org/postfix.1.html

I hate to keep suggesting that you 'copy' anyone or anything, but if you
*are*, I think postfix is one of the ones you'd want to emulate... ;)

Just a thought... it would be more intuitive for those of us who use
postfix with dovecot (and I think there are a lot)...

--

Best regards,

Charles