[Dovecot] Another hint from the clue box 8-) imapc/imap proxy user mailbox server location

Terry Carmen terry at cnysupport.com
Sun Mar 4 16:48:17 EET 2012

----- Message from Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> ---------
       Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 14:45:48 +0200
       From: Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>
    Subject: Re: [Dovecot] Another hint from the clue box 8-) imapc/imap
proxy user mailbox server location
         To: Terry Carmen <terry at cnysupport.com>
         Cc: dovecot at dovecot.org
> On 2.3.2012, at 0.35, Terry Carmen wrote:
>> With the exchange server being returned in the msExchHomeServerName
>> property as:
>>
>>    /O=example/OU=INT/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=exchangeservername
>>
>>    I believe this should somehow end up in the userdb section,
>> which currently contains "driver = prefetch", but can't seem to
>> figure out specifically what should be there.
>   ..  > The only important part is "cn=exchangeservername", which is
> the machine name and would need to be prepended to example.com to
> get the fqdn.
>   Do all of the values have the same prefix? Then I guess you can do:
>
>   pass_attrs = ..., \
>   msExchHomeServerName=userdb_imapc_host=%49.100$.example.com
>
>   If the prefix differs, but all of the exchange server names have
> the same length, for example 10, you can also do:
>
>   pass_attrs = ..., \
>   msExchHomeServerName=userdb_imapc_host=%-10$.example.com
>   There's no otherwise nice way to parse this string.

If by prefix, you mean the
"/O=example/OU=INT/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/" part, then, yes,
they're different.

I could export the data to a text file as username:homeexchangeserver
(or whatever other format is needed).

homeservers.txt:
user1:exch1.example.com
user2:exch1.example.com
user3:exch1.example.com
user4:exch2.example.com

Is it possible to do a lookup in a text file to get this?

Terry