[Dovecot] Another hint from the clue box 8-) imapc/imap proxy user mailbox server location

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Mar 4 14:45:48 EET 2012

On 2.3.2012, at 0.35, Terry Carmen wrote:

> With the exchange server being returned in the msExchHomeServerName property as:
>
> /O=example/OU=INT/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=exchangeservername
>
> I believe this should somehow end up in the userdb section, which currently contains "driver = prefetch", but can't seem to figure out specifically what should be there.
..
> The only important part is "cn=exchangeservername", which is the machine name and would need to be prepended to example.com to get the fqdn.

Do all of the values have the same prefix? Then I guess you can do:

pass_attrs = ..., \
  msExchHomeServerName=userdb_imapc_host=%49.100$.example.com

If the prefix differs, but all of the exchange server names have the same length, for example 10, you can also do:

pass_attrs = ..., \
  msExchHomeServerName=userdb_imapc_host=%-10$.example.com

There's no otherwise nice way to parse this string.