[Dovecot] LIST-STATUS issue

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at curecanti.org
Fri Mar 2 09:53:27 EET 2012

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at curecanti.org>:

> Quoting Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:
>
>> On 1.3.2012, at 20.03, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
>>
>>> Looked at the hg commits since 2.1.1, but didn't see anything that
>>> was exactly on-point to this...
>>>
>>> UNSEEN counts seem to be broken when done in a LIST-STATUS call.
>>> I see this, for example:
>>
>> Only with LIST-STATUS, or also STATUS itself? And with what kind of
>> config (doveconf -n)? Can you reproduce this?
>
> I've been seeing this intermittently the last few days.  When I
> notice it, I try to reproduce and never can.  Then it eventually
> comes back, as in the first time I access the next morning.  Maybe
> its some kind of cache/timeout issue. (e.g. - I can't reproduce
> right now)

It happened again.  Once it got around midnight local time I stopped
seeing correct STATUS updates with the UNSEEN count.  Running two
MUAs: I opened a mailbox with new messages in one, and the next time
the other MUA (webmail) polled it magically started seeing unseen
messages again.  And now if I change the seen flag in one MUA, it will
continue to be updated (as normal) in the other MUA.

michael