[Dovecot] LIST-STATUS issue

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at curecanti.org
Thu Mar 1 21:17:41 EET 2012

Quoting Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:

> On 1.3.2012, at 20.03, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
>
>> Looked at the hg commits since 2.1.1, but didn't see anything that
>> was exactly on-point to this...
>>
>> UNSEEN counts seem to be broken when done in a LIST-STATUS call.  I
>> see this, for example:
>
> Only with LIST-STATUS, or also STATUS itself? And with what kind of
> config (doveconf -n)? Can you reproduce this?

I've been seeing this intermittently the last few days.  When I notice
it, I try to reproduce and never can.  Then it eventually comes back,
as in the first time I access the next morning.  Maybe its some kind
of cache/timeout issue. (e.g. - I can't reproduce right now)

> LIST-STATUS should use the exact same code as STATUS. STATUS should
> use pretty much the same code as SELECT. mailbox_list_index=yes
> makes a difference, but other than that I can't really think of a
> reason.

# 2.1.1: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 3.2.1-1-ARCH x86_64
auth_mechanisms = plain login
namespace {
   inbox = yes
   location = maildir:~/Maildir
   prefix =
   separator = .
   type = private
}
namespace {
   location = maildir:~/mailtest/mboxtesting2
   prefix = "#shared."
   separator = .
   type = shared
}
namespace {
   location = mbox:~/mailtest/mail
   prefix = "#public2."
   separator = .
   type = public
}
passdb {
   args = dovecot
   driver = pam
}
plugin {
   acl = vfile
}
protocols = imap
service auth {
     group = postfix
     mode = 0660
     user = postfix
   }
}
ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/newcerts/100001.pem
ssl_key = </etc/ssl/private/key.pem
userdb {
   driver = passwd
}