[Dovecot] IMAP IDLE - iPhone?

Matthew Powell matthew at atom.net
Fri Aug 24 14:18:41 EEST 2012

On 2012-08-24, at 7.01, Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:

> I would personally recommend supporting it. If history teaches us
> anything, it is that sooner or later, and usually sooner, someone will
> require that block. Being prepared for it in advance would seem like
> the prudent thing to do.

I wonder whether it would be better to make the exclusion list configurable.

As I understand it, the intention is to avoid treating connections through a load balancer or proxy as though they're the same client device. The assumption that private address = proxy is a fair default, but some sites will be using public addresses for their proxies. And that's only going to increase with IPv6.

--

Matthew Powell                                          matthew at atom.net