[Dovecot] Dovecot LMTP - Delivered-To header weirdness

Daniel Piddock dgp-dove at corefiling.co.uk
Thu Aug 9 15:42:32 EEST 2012

On 09/08/12 12:04, Robert Schetterer wrote:
> Am 09.08.2012 12:26, schrieb Daniel Piddock:
>> I'm not sure if this is a deliberate design decision or a technical
>> limitation that I've missed. Please briefly explain if so :). Or a bug
>> or feature request?
> as far i remember its a design decide
>
> dont know exim
>
> but it looks like max_rcpt=1
>
> is the same then i.e postfix
>
> lmtp_destination_recipient_limit = 1
>
> guess its the best solution for now, if you strongly need that header
>
> there were posts in the postfix and dovecot lists search archives

You're right, I should have search a bit harder. I found the thread from
Feb 2010 discussing Return-Path and Delivered-To headers
http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2010-February/046401.html . The
conclusion there appears to be the suggested addition of an lmtp_headers
option.

This got me thinking. With the latest versions of Pigeonhole and Dovecot
this header can be added using a global sieve script:
require ["envelope", "editheader", "variables"];
if allof (not exists "Delivered-To",
        envelope :matches :all "To" "*") {
    addheader "Delivered-To" "${1}";
}

Dan
--
Daniel Piddock, Systems Administrator, CoreFiling Limited
http://www.corefiling.com