[Dovecot] imap(xxxxxxxx): Error: opendir(/user/xxxxxxxx/.imap) failed: No such file or directory

Frank Bonnet f.bonnet at esiee.fr
Thu Aug 2 11:24:13 EEST 2012

On 08/02/2012 12:04 AM, Daniel Parthey wrote:
> Timo Sirainen wrote:

>>> I ran it anyway , the output is below
>> All good, except the error didn't happen. So you'd need to look at the
>> IMAP traffic to see which command generates the error.
> Frank, please do a plaintext connect on IMAP port 143 from your mail client
> to dovecot with a changed test password and record your traffic using tcpdump
> or wireshark, something like this:
>
> tcpdump -n -s 0 -w /tmp/pcap.dat -i eth0 tcp port 143
>
> Then view the file pcap.dat with wireshark[1], right click on the TCP connection
> and select "Follow TCP Stream" from the context menu. Then you'll get the IMAP
> commands and responses spoken between Thunderbird and Dovecot.
>
> Regards
> Daniel
>
> [1] http://www.wireshark.org/

Hello

Thanks for your help.

well I did but haven't found anything interrestiing in tcpdump log ...
and the problem did not happened this morning since I have
mail_debug=no in 10-logging.conf file then restart dovecot ...

BTW if it matter the users's home directories is a link than point
to the real directory.