[Dovecot] Subscription File

Carlos Mennens carloswill at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 15:43:56 EEST 2011

I had a use lose 20 folders on their mail account. I was able to pull
them back from a restore and dumped them all back on the server in her
Maildir. The problem is she doesn't see them on her Thunderbird or
Outlook client. I checked to make sure I put them back into the
correct directory and I did as well as verify permissions aren't
weird. I then noticed a file called 'subscriptions' in her Maildir
directory. She appears to only be seeing folders that are listed in
this 'subscriptions' file. My question is how do I update this file?
If I delete it, will Dovecot re-generate the file with the correct
subscription entries? I don't understand what to do but I'm hoping I
don't have to edit the file by hand...that seems way too cumbersome.