[Dovecot] What best decision to make for flatfiles or SQL when I use Dovecot2 + Postfix together?

terryjames9461 at mm.st terryjames9461 at mm.st
Wed Sep 28 01:14:12 EEST 2011

Hello Patrick,

On Tuesday, September 27, 2011 6:06 PM, "Patrick Domack"
<patrickdk at patrickdk.com> wrote:
> Using dovecot lda/lmtp you remove all postfix needs to know mailbox
> name to directory mapping, that would be duplicated.

With using the Dovecot lmtp option, where does Postfix know to refuse
email for a non-existing user or domain?  That also has to be shared?

I am trying to draw a picture in my head of all the data pieces.  Are
you saying that when using lmtp the data for Postfix and the data for
Dovecot/LMTP do not overlap anymore?  Each can have its own flatfiles?

TJ