[Dovecot] quota percents

Micah Anderson micah at riseup.net
Tue Sep 13 23:16:28 EEST 2011

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> writes:

>>> dovecot -n output?
>>
>> namespace {
>>  inbox = yes
>>  location =
>>  prefix =
>>  separator = .
>> }
>> namespace {
>>  hidden = yes
>>  inbox = no
>>  list = no
>>  location =
>>  prefix = INBOX.
>>  separator = .
>> }
>
> Maybe the client is using the INBOX. namespace and trying to copy to INBOX.Trash instead of Trash? You could try adding another quota rule for INBOX.Trash. I should probably also change the quota code to follow "alias_for" directives. Then you could have only a single Trash, if you add "alias_for = " to the INBOX. namespace.

ok, I made an INBOX.Trash quota rule:

90-quota.conf:  quota_rule = *:bytes=24117248
90-quota.conf:  quota_rule2 = Trash:bytes=+10%%
90-quota.conf:  quota_rule2 = INBOX.Trash:bytes=+10%%
90-quota.conf:  quota_rule3 = INBOX.Spam:bytes=+20%%

and that seemed to solve the problem!

micah

ps - its very annoying to test quota with thunderbird, it doesn't update
the information very reliably.