[Dovecot] quota percents

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Sep 12 21:10:38 EEST 2011

On 12.9.2011, at 19.17, Micah Anderson wrote:

>>> However, it doesn't seem to work in practice, because I have a user that
>>> is at 99% of quota, with nothing in the Trash who cannot move a 77KB
>>> message into the Trash without getting the quota_exceeded message and
>>> refusing to move it.
>>
>> dovecot -n output?
>
> namespace {
>  inbox = yes
>  location =
>  prefix =
>  separator = .
> }
> namespace {
>  hidden = yes
>  inbox = no
>  list = no
>  location =
>  prefix = INBOX.
>  separator = .
> }

Maybe the client is using the INBOX. namespace and trying to copy to INBOX.Trash instead of Trash? You could try adding another quota rule for INBOX.Trash. I should probably also change the quota code to follow "alias_for" directives. Then you could have only a single Trash, if you add "alias_for = " to the INBOX. namespace.